Personal Auto Claims Checklist
Do you know what to do if you are involved in an auto accident? Review this checklist to be sure.
If a loss occurs:
- Contact the police while at the scene of the accident.
- Record the following information prior to leaving the scene:
- The names of all parties involved (including drivers and passengers) along with addresses, phone numbers, license numbers, dates of birth, social security numbers (if they provide them), and insurance agent/carrier
- The names and phone numbers of any witnesses
- The make and color of all vehicles and license plate numbers
- If anyone leaves the scene (i.e.: hit/skip), any descriptive information about the vehicles and occupants that may assist in the investigation of the claim
- The party?s name, address and phone number if the owner is someone other than the driver
- The specific location of the accident and the identity of the specific authority that responds to the scene (ie: city police, sheriff, highway patrol, fire/rescue)
- Immediately contact your insurance agent to report the claim, reporting any known physical damage to property and bodily injury to persons.
- If you experience auto glass damage only, call Westfield Glass Service at 800.810.3665. When you call to report the loss, you will need to provide your policy number, the date of the loss and the vehicle identification number.
What you can expect:
- We will strive to contact you within two hours after receiving notice and begin the process of handling your claim.
- We will provide qualified professional claims representatives to explain your coverage, review your claim and assess your damages.
- We will pay your loss promptly in accordance with policy terms and conditions.
- We have many programs to assist you in resolving your claim quickly and professionally.